What is better than a freezer full of local meat?
- There are a few options for ordering meat in bulk. At this time, we offer half and whole beef and half and whole pigs. These animals are raised locally in Middle Tennessee under the careful eye of trusted local farmers, including the store owner, Ben Neale.
- When you order a half, the animal is split down the middle vertically. This means you are getting either the right or left side and another customer will get an equal amount of the animal's other side. A whole beef or whole pig is the entire animal.
- Once the animal is brought into the processing facility, the internal organs and other pieces are removed (hanging weight). You will be charged on this hanging weight. Beef is $5.00 per pound and pork is $3.50 per pound.
- You can expect to take home roughly 60% of the animal's hanging weight in meat, depending on bone-in cuts, etc.
- Once you have placed your deposit (by purchasing the product on this website), you will then be added to the queue. Expect a 6-week turn-around time for beef and a 4-week turn-around time for pork. For beef, this includes 3 weeks of dry-aging. A Light Hill representative will be in contact with you to go over your preferred cuts, to schedule a pick up time, and answer any questions you may have.
- You can select to pick up your meat at either our Spring Hill or Lynnville locations.
- Light Hill recommends that you will need about 1 cubic foot of freezer space for every 30 pounds of packaged meat. It will be frozen and vacuum-sealed. This allows it to stay fresh for 12 months in your freezer.